St. John’s welcomes all people who are seeking a welcoming,
creative, and Christ-centered spiritual home.
As believers in Jesus Christ, we strive with unconditional love and selflessness – using our God-given gifts – to provide a nurturing shelter
for those seeking a Christian home. We offer opportunities for spiritual growth through worship, education, fellowship, prayer and Christian action
throughout our community and the world.
Some of the ways we connect with God and Others:
- Uplifting & powerful worship services – special blend of traditional and contemporary service
- Special Musical Worship throughout the year including Jazz Sunday, Chancel Choir, Bel Canto Choir, and other musical guests from the Blue Mountain Academy’s music program
- Mission work in the community & world
- Outreach ministry – Host of the Orwigsburg Area Food Pantry
Visit us on Sunday mornings at 10 am
and experience God in a meaningful way!
We are excited to announce that we will be resuming
in-person worship services this Sunday, January 24th at 10AM.
Please join us as we welcome Pastor Jeff and family to St. John’s!
NOTE TO OUR CONGREGATION
Hello, St. John’s
- You are invited to our Ash Wednesday service this week at 7 PM, either in person or livestreamed on our Facebook page.
- Wednesday evening Lenten devotion and prayer time on Facebook live with Pastor Jeff – Feb 24th, Mar 3rd, 10th, and 17th, and 24th – 7:00pm
- Maundy Thursday service with Tenebra, April 1st at 7:00 pm
- Easter Celebration – Sunday, April 4th, 10 am
- Worship services are accessible via Facebook Live on the St. John’s Facebook page each Sunday at 10AM,
then available later each Sunday on our YouTube channel and website as we have done in the past.
- Pastor Jeff is looking forward to meeting everyone, so feel free to reach out to him via Zoom, phone call or in person!
- In this season of giving, please continue to keep St. John’s in your thoughts as you share your time, talents and treasures.
Please remember that your health and the well-being of others in attendance is of utmost importance. If you are feeling at
all under the weather or have any reservations about coming, please err on the side of caution.
Blessings and Good Health,
-Bill Holler, SJUCC Consistory President
THIS WEEK’S SERMON
On behalf of the Health Ministry of St. John’s UCC, If you have any emergency needs especially related to illness or the coronavirus (COVID-19) i.e. food, water, or any other personal needs please call the numbers provided below if you would like assistance.
CORONAVIRUS QUICK REFERENCE GUIDE
St. John’s UCC of Orwigsburg is committed to helping our communities stay well.
The CDC offers the following Reference Guide for preventing the spread of COVID-19.
If you or someone you love is having difficulty coping with the Pandemic, please see the resource below.
Beginning at 6 p.m. on April 1, there will be a 24/7 mental health and crisis support line for people dealing with anxiety or other difficult emotions. Callers will be able to speak with staff who are trained in trauma-informed principles and will listen, assess the person’s needs, triage, and refer to other local supports and professionals as needed.
The Mental Health Support Line can be reached toll-free, 24/7 at 1-855-284-2494.
It’s a difficult time, and it’s easy to feel alone and cut-off from the world, but we need people to know that they are not alone, and support is available.
*At this time our flower orders for Easter will not be fulfilled due to the current situation.
Thanks for understanding.
TAKE THE SPIRITUAL GIFTS TEST
Scripture has much to say about spiritual gifts. We subscribe to the belief that each of you is given at least one gift from God for the common good.
Take the test below to learn the strengths with which God has gifted you…Answer the questions based on who you are and how you behave, not who you wish you were. Your candor will result in a more accurate and complete profile.
Your results will be emailed to you within minutes of completing your test.
Once the test is completed, you can learn more about how you scored in all of the spiritual gift categories.
Click here to see a comprehensive list of all the spiritual gifts and their explanations.
We are grateful to giftstest.com for equipping us with this test module at no cost. The “Embed this test…” note you see at the start of this test is to be ignored, and a small price to pay for such a useful tool in Christ’s Kingdom. Once you’ve received your results via email, you can scroll to the bottom of any subsequent emails to unsubscribe from their email list.