Kay Jones – Commissioned Minister of Health
Our mission is to promote, educate, and nurture the spiritual, emotional, social, and physical health of our church family, as well as our community. We are committed to the promotion of healthy lifestyles and healing options by addressing issues of wholeness and wellness.
St. John’s Congregational Health ministry’s work:
- Annual Miller Blood Bank drives.
- Diakon Lutheran Services offers Wednesday morning exercise program at St. John’s.
- Diakon programs for healthy living are offered throughout the year.
- Shawl Ministry continues to provide loving handmade shawls to those in need.
- Yoga class at St. John’s on Tuesday evenings.
- Self Defense Awareness Training
- St. John’s is helping to provide long term disaster recovery through our Schuylkill County VOAD (Volunteer
- Organizations Active in Disaster) membership.
- Focus on healthy eating for the congregation.
- Our new focus is on addictions. Programs on addictions open to the public are offered at the church.
- We participate in the Interfaith Health Network’s activities below as members of the Interfaith Health Network.
The Interfaith Health Network of Schuylkill County
The Interfaith Health Network (IHN) is a ministry of St. John’s Orwigsburg as reaffirmed at our Congregational Meeting in 2008. IHN is a strategic partnership of Schuylkill County’s VISION. Marie Beauchamp is the director of the Interfaith Health Network
Listed below are the major projects of IHN:
- Partnership in the Schuylkill County VOAD (Volunteer Organizations Active in Disaster).
- Partnership in the new Immunization Coalition of Schuylkill County.
- Dissemination of reliable health information and information on community health programs.
- Partnering with Diversity Council on programs.
- Partnership with the Commonwealth Community Health and Education advisory group for the Primary Health Network Federally Qualified Health Center in Minersville.
- Supporting Diakon Senior Services programming in Schuylkill County.
We welcome anyone who is interested in joining the Health Ministry or working on a specific project to contact Kay Jones at (570) 622-6097.