Kay Jones – Commissioned Minister of Health
Our mission is to promote, educate, and nurture the spiritual, emotional, social, and physical health of our church family, as well as our community. We are committed to the promotion of healthy lifestyles and healing options by addressing issues of wholeness and wellness.
St. John’s Congregational Health ministry’s work:
- Annual Miller Blood Bank drives.
- Diakon Lutheran Services offers Wednesday morning exercise program at St. John’s
- Diakon programs for healthy living are offered throughout the year.
- Shawl Ministry continues to provide loving handmade shawls to those in need
- Yoga class at St. John’s on Tuesday evenings
- Self Defense Awareness Training
- St. John’s is helping to provide long term disaster recovery through our Schuylkill County VOAD (Volunteer Organizations Active in Disaster) membership.
- Programs on healthy eating for the congregation.
- Our new focus is on addictions. Programs on addictions, open to the public, are offered at the church.
- We participate in the Interfaith Health Network’s activities below as members of the Interfaith Health Network
The Interfaith Health Network of Schuylkill County
The Interfaith Health Network (IHN) is a ministry of St. John’s Orwigsburg as reaffirmed at our Congregational Meeting in 2008. There are 30 congregations across Schuylkill County that are members. IHN is a strategic partnership of Schuylkill County’s VISION. Marie Beauchamp is the director of the Interfaith Health Network
Listed below are the present major projects of IHN:
- Partnership in the Schuylkill County VOAD (Volunteer Organizations Active in Disaster)
- Partnership in the Immunization Coalition of Schuylkill County
- Dissemination of reliable health information and information on community health programs to our congregations
- Partnering with Diversity Council on programs
- Partnership with the Commonwealth Community Health and Education group on the advisory group for the Primary Health Network Federally Qualified Health Center in Minersville
- Supporting Diakon Senior Services programming in the county
For further information, contact Kay Jones at 570-622-6097