Our mission is to promote, educate, and nurture the spiritual, emotional, social, and physical health of our church family, as well as our community. We are committed to the promotion of healthy lifestyles and healing options by addressing issues of wholeness and wellness.
St. John’s Congregational Health Ministry:
- Provides resources for healthy living in mind, body and spirit for our congregation and community.
- Holds healthy living classes, including exercise and nutrition, for our congregation and community in partnership with a number of community partners.
- Participates in town events to promote healthy lives
- Participates in the Interfaith Health Network’s activities below as members of the Interfaith Health Network
The Interfaith Health Network of Schuylkill County
The Interfaith Health Network (IHN) is a ministry of St. John’s Orwigsburg. There are presently about 30 congregations across Schuylkill County that are members. Listed below are the present major projects of IHN:
- Focus on the addiction epidemic in our region
- Dissemination of reliable health information and information on community health programs to our congregations
- Support of Diakon Community Services programming in the county
For further information contact:
Kay Jones – Commissioned Minister of Health